General Terms and Conditions
This agreement is a special service plan available to residential customers who purchase all their fuel requirements from us.
- Acceptance of this agreement is subject to an inspection by our service department. It may take place at any time up to and including the first service call.
- Any repairs required to initially put the equipment in acceptable condition will be charged at prevailing rates.
- No part or labor is covered by this agreement unless it is specifically listed as "covered". Parts that are obsolete are not covered.
- Madison Oil Company cannot assume the cost of accessibility for replacing or repairing covered items that have been concealed or "built-in".
- Inadequate hot water resulting from sediment is not covered.
- Customer's Responsibilities:
The following are the customer's responsibility: flushing the low water cut-off, maintaining an adequate water level in the boiler, providing adequate boiler room ventilation for proper combustion, monitoring vacant or unattended premises, and replacing batteries in system devices.
- Limits of Liability-Disclaimer:
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Company is not responsible for indirect or consequential damages and their clean-up, nor is Company responsible for loss or damages due to or resulting from, but not limited to, changes in oil consumption or damages caused by acts of God, strikes, material or labor shortages, oil and water leakage, power failure, fire, flood, freeze-ups, accidents, abuse or misuse of equipment, spontaneous part failure, or other conditions not within Company's control. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, the Company makes no warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Liability will be limited to the repair or replacement of defective parts or service provided under this agreement.
- Termination of Agreement:
The Customer may terminate this agreement at any time by providing the Company with 15 days notice. The Company reserves the right to terminate this agreement without reimbursement to the Customer if the Customer:
- fails to purchase all of their fuel oil requirements from the Company;
- fails to make payments due the company for fuel or service in accordance with agreed upon terms;
- fails to remedy conditions identified by the Company as a hazard to life or property;
- permits any person other than Company's authorized representative to service Customer's equipment;
- temporarily or permanently suspends automatic oil deliveries.
Renewal of this agreement is subject to annual review by the Company. The Company may automatically renew this agreement each year, provided the Company has not received notification from the Customer to the contrary. Customer may assign this agreement to the new owners of Customer's property provided they receive written approval from the Company. If transfer is approved, there will be no pro-rated credits.